26/04/2011

A trip to the Zoo!

I want to get my blog up to date before Sam comes out on Thursday because then it is nearly time for me to go on to France and as I am someone that needs order in my life, Spain needs to be done before France can start!  So, here goes....

A few weeks ago we were bored so decided to go on a kids day out to the zoo in Madrid.  My views on zoos vary but I decided that I could do with a day outside in the fresh air, not in Alcala.  So we got up bright and early and went off into Madrid.  The first thing we did when we got there was go and see the dolphin show.  Having never seen a dolphin show I didn't really know what to expect but what I saw was pretty impressive and what I loved was the fact that the trainers and the dolphins seemed to have a really good relationship.

Then we just kind of carried on walking around and looking at all the animals, I mean what else are you going to do if you go to a zoo?!!  Those of you that know me well will know that I particularly enjoyed the giraffes and when I found out there was an aquarium within the zoo.. well that just made my day!  I love fish and the sea and always have.  In a previous life I must have lived in the sea...

To better explain the day I feel some photos would do the job:

 The entrance to the zoo!  We were quite excited :)
 The Giraffes!!! Of course the BEST animals in the whole Zoo :P
 Fishy!!! My obsession continues...
 The team (Megan, me, Flossie and Elodie), minus Sam who is behind the camera.
 The cute baby panda.  There were two of them, twins, one was sleeping and this one was playing.. he was so funny :)

Well that is quite enough monkeying around ;) for this evening and I have photos from Ibiza to look through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment