28/05/2011

Sam's Visit


Just 4 days and a lot of essay writing after Keri’s departure Sam arrived.  He is making the most of my being abroad to get some travelling and holidays in.  He arrived late on Thursday night so our Spanish adventures didn’t really start until Friday.  Of course as proud Brits as soon as we woke up we put the Royal Wedding on and spent a couple of hours watching it.  I really enjoyed seeing what everyone wore and also watching the ceremony.  It all reminded me of a fairytale, an opinion I feel is shared by most of the people I know.  In the afternoon we went for a wander to the palace and the cathedral before grabbing a bite to eat in plaza mayor where we enjoyed all of the goings on.

The following day we enjoyed some more walking around the city before going to see the Real Madrid –v- Zaragoza game in the early evening.  I am so glad that Sam wanted to go because it is not something I would have done alone.  It was a really good game mainly due to the fact that R.M had recently lost against Barcelona and ended up loosing again to Zaragoza, who are near the bottom of the league.  The fans were really animated and shouted at the referee a lot (in fairness he made a couple of dodgy decisions)which made the atmosphere in the stadium a good one to experience.

On Sunday we got up fairly casually and made our way back to the Santiago-Bernabeu Stadium to do the tour.  I really enjoyed seeing all the different places within it and again am glad we went.  We then went for lunch before strolling around the park for the afternoon.  The next morning we walked to the temple and enjoyed some more sitting around in the sunshine and people watching.  That evening we went to Plaza Santa Ana, which I would really recommend as a place to go and eat.  I have now been there a few times and have always eaten well.  Thanks to Keri and her contacts for the heads up :P

I was sad to say goodbye but had a really chilled few days, which was exactly what I needed.

 Spiderman just checking in with the police
 Sam got caught..
 La Tuna singers in Plaza Mayor

 The football stadium
 The remains of the pipas which the Spanish chew/eat ALL the time
 This is the strangest football trophy I have ever seen


 View of Madrid

No comments:

Post a Comment