09/03/2011

40 days without chocolate... is it possible?

Today is Day One in my chocoholic challenge so I thought it was a good time to update you all about the goings on in my life recently.

I will begin by telling you that yes it is true, I have decided that for lent this year I am going to take on the challenge of eating no chocolate and no sweets.  Some of you may currently be thinking, BIG deal? So many people do much more impressive things in life and I agree. This is part of the reason I am doing this.  My chocolate intake levels have reached such a ridiculous level that I decided it is time for me to take the bull by the horns (he he Spanish themed expression!) and wean myself off it. HAHA!! This all sounds ridiculous but I seriously think I may be addicted, much like a smoker NEEDS a cigarette, I get HUGE cravings and become unbearable if I don't have chocolate at times.  As a good friend of mine recently said, my happiness seems to depend on my having a chocolate bar or two every day.  The final straw was when I arrived in Spain and met a whole new group of friends.  It took them a total of one week after having met me to realise how dependent on chocolate I am!!  When I noticed this I thought to myself... RIGHT this ends NOW!! So, I am using lent as a fabulous opportunity to make a change :)

Now that you have all read a paragraph about chocolate I can update you about what is going on here.  As I said in my previous post I was ill for most of last week.  I made it in to university to do my French exams on Wednesday and Thursday but otherwise it was a long weekend of staring at my ceiling and watching Gossip Girl.  I am not entirely sure what was wrong but you'll be glad to know I am better now.  

This week I seem to have 'Give me a Job' written on my forehead.  I have started tutoring again here which is great for the funds and is also really rewarding.  After leaving Austria I really missed teaching so it is nice to be doing it again.  My pupils are a real mix of ages and abilities which keeps me on my toes and keeps me entertained :)  I then got offered a job by my Literature teacher for a summer camp in Spain and then my French teacher gave me information about a job in the centre of Madrid, also this summer.

Actually that is a point about being abroad, I must have one of those faces that says 'please talk to me'.  Wherever I go people just seem to talk to me.  This has worked out well so far seeing as in Austria I never ate lunch alone even when I had intended to and in Spain I have found myself an extra pupil and a tennis partner.  I don't mind at all as it is nice to have people to talk do and it is fabulous for my language.  Maybe it is a European thing to actually talk to the people around you... who knows?

Tomorrow night I am heading into Madrid to see Avenue Q!!! I am very excited as I LOVE the musical and saw it twice in London so cannot wait to see it again.  I am also very interested to see how they have translated the songs and humour into Spanish.  We shall see :) I am going to go for a little shop also to get some summer dresses into the wardrobe.  The weather really does feel like it's heating up for good so I need to update my wardrobe :P NEED of course he he!

Ok, that is all for now but I am sure I will be back soon to update you on my chocolate progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment